Thank you for joining Philadelphia’s most unique shared meeting and event space! Here are some tips to get you started and to help you get the most out of your Old City Collective membership….
Add the Old City Collective address to your website & blog
- Google searches for “legitimate” businesses by searching for addresses on their site. Having a post office box, or a “Contact Us” page without a physical address does not help you move up in the Google rankings for the city of Philadelphia. For example, if a potential client searches for “Philadelphia makeup artist” or “Philadelphia health coach,” sites that list addresses within the city of Philadelphia come up in the search results before sites that just have the word “Philadelphia” and no address.
- Don’t forget to add your new location to your blog! Repetition is key when it comes to search engine optimization.
Get to know the other members!
- Getting to know others in the group can lead to more referrals and can create opportunities you didn’t even know existed!
- We encourage members to collaborate on projects and come up with creative ways to use the space together.
- You can host one free event for each year you are a, Old City Collective member. Host a client appreciation party or contact us about collaborating on a networking event.
- Let everyone know you have joined and promote your new location, this will help the collective gain attention, and will let everyone know that your business is growing as well. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest & your own blog are places to start.
Show & submit your work!
- Please provide an album, book or brochure of your work so that we have something more than a business card to show prospective clients when we and other members refer your services.
- We would love to feature your amazing talents on our blog! We are always looking for content, and you are creating content all the time – so please share! Images from recent events, information about upcoming events, classes you teach, or even a guest post about anything related to your work in Philadelphia. This is a platform for you to get even more exposure – so use it! Simply email the information, article and/or images, and we’ll take care of the rest!
Things to know about the space…
- To schedule an appointment, first check for your desired time by visiting: http://soireephiladelphia.com/calendar
- Then email firstname.lastname@example.org with appt in the subject line. This sends a push notification to my phone to ensure the fastest schedule & will prevent conflicts.
- We request that you do not book more than 2-3 appointments back to back. This will be provide flexibility to all of our members. If you need to book an entire day, we ask that you provide at least one month’s notice, but all requests will be considered if the calendar permits.
- We require that all appointments have at least a 30 minute gap to prevent conflicts.
- If your appointment is going to run over, we ask that you move your meeting to the Starbucks at the corner of 3rd & Arch Street, or another location, and finish there so that the incoming member will not be inconvenienced.
- In the event that you cannot move, or there is an emergency, there is a list of emergency contact numbers for all members inside the closet door – please DO NOT use this option unless absolutely necessary. 2 or more incidents of delaying another member’s appointment may result in termination of your membership.
Thermostat, Lights & Front Door
- When you leave the space, please turn the thermostat back, or set to a reasonable temperature for the time of year.
- Please check and make sure all lights in the space (upstairs and downstairs) and off before you leave the space.
- Please be sure to lock the door and please be aware of your surroundings when leaving the space late at night. Old City is very safe, but you can never be too careful.
Storing Items at Soiree
- You may store items neatly in the provided bookshelf on the lower level. If you need additional storage please contact Laura Eaton and we will make arrangements.
For your convenience
- A coffee maker, refrigerator and microwave are provided for your use when in the boutique. We ask that you please clean up after yourself, and when possible, please take any trash with you when you leave that might cause odors (i.e. coffee cups, food items, etc). Please do not leave any food or beverages in the refrigerator. We do our best to remove trash and clean the space once a week, please let us know if you find anything in the space to be unsatisfactory.
- Various cleaning items (Windex, paper towels, cleaning cloths) are available under the lower level sink. Brooms, dustpans & garbage bags are also located on the lower level.